Apr 7, 2005

My Dorm Building Blew Up!

so.... I've got a good story. There's this Kerr Res. Hall? It's in the same building as Loftman/International(my home) but on the other side. Well, yesterday we were all sitting around(watching movies... Nicolo playing Warcraft) and we hear this incredibly loud, deep bass sound. You could actually see the entire ceiling move like the drum of a speaker, as it went *BOOOM.*
You know how dorms are, always get to hear whatever is going on in the room above us. So, I went up to check what was wrong(imaginging things along the way: did their entire bunk bed fall down? No, not loud enough. It would have to be something like a bunk bed with a dresser on top of it.) Well, they didn't answer the door so I called them on Samantha's cell. She was outside and as confused as me. All she knew was that it was loud, there was a big crowd and an even bigger explosion. So, we were at the consensus that a bomb went off. I grabbed a camara and went go investigate. Yes, Kerr hall had exploded. But, no bomb. During construction, someone hit a gas main(smart!). 7 students were caught in the blast. None killed. None seriously injured. But, a few were sent off to the hospital, checked out, then sent back. And the building is for the most part intact. A few rooms are uninhabitable(mostly structural damage). And the hall is closed indefinitaly. Which is why we got a new roommate last night... he had no bedroom when he got back from class.
I would have sent you pictures of the site but, the cops wouldn't let me near it. So... maybe next week. My last week. Crazy that my first year's already over.

hmmm....

No comments: