Apr 27, 2006

Earth Day

So, earthday as on saturday.

I thought i'd check out how i'm doing on my hippiness.

I produce about 15,148 pounds of CO2 each year. That's 148 off from the 'Deep Green' category(that i should be in). According to Wired.com's calculator I should donate $60 to some green funds to absolve me of my sins.

EarthDay.com had a different calculator. Their's measures how many acres of land I use. So, i just did it again.... I guess I use 10 acres of land to sustain myself. (3 for goods/services, 3 for shelter, 2.5 on food, and 1.5 on mobility). The average american uses 24 acres. Also, there are 4.5 biologically productive acres per person globaly.

i guess i'm doing decently. nothing to get excited about. apartment dweling, vegetarianism, and walking are my three strongpoints. flying across country is killing me(or rather the planet)... but, i do love home.

No comments: