Jan 19, 2008

Building and Remembering

These past couple of days were spent on crafts. I built a chair for my mom out of an old coffee table she didn't want anymore. Its not done yet, but, I'm working on it. We also bought materials to line my pea coat with fleece. Irene bought it for me in a thrift store. Its really heavy... however what it lacks is real warmth. I'm fixing that up so it will have all the style of an East coast coat and all the functionality of a West coast coat. Hopefully, it all works out. I won't be able to finish it until I get back from Eugene.

Oh, I also chatted with Vicky a lot. I love Meebo. Thank you interweb. With Meebo I get to interact with Vicky through text, audio, video, games, etc. Its great.

I also played racket ball one more time on Friday. But what sucks is I missed out on going to Salem with the Rodriguezes to watch Lincoln's Constitution Team debating. Luke Rodriguez is on the team this year. I was on it my senior year. I loved that thing. I've never studied so hard. At one point I was putting in 40 hours a week to that group. In the end my team lost: 4 of our six groups won; 1 group was even with its competition; and 1 group performed so poorly that they killed the lead the rest of us had earned and we lost the thing by 4 points.... out of 1,000. I know, I know... I'm still pissed and should probably drop it. But oh well, a grudge is a grudge right? Our team used to be the best in town but now we've lost the past 5 years in a row. Its mainly because other schools have seniors take the class, while Lincoln is institutionally set up to push sophomores towards the team. They can't compete. We'd have seniors but, all our seniors are too busy doing advanced I.B. coursework. Plus, in my day Lincoln's team was was a part-time, extracurricular activity. Grant High School(our main competitor) had a regularly scheduled class that met every day. Those two things will plague Lincoln until they restructure the program. I hear from Luke that they have it as a regular class now. Great. Now tackle that second thing. I just want to see Lincoln excel. My alma mater deserves it.

No comments: