Jan 13, 2008

This Weekend

Hey,

So the weekend has come and we've had some highs and lows. The high has been learning how to video conference through meebo. Its great. I love it. The first day(Friday) it took quite some time to figure it out, but on Saturday it was a breeze. We video conferenced a ton. Its so great to be able to see my baby's face. But, she also sent me images of her crying and those made me so sad, then on Saturday when i had to leave she started crying again. I feel so bad for leaving you Vicky. I'm sorry. I love you. Please hold up until I'm back. Kisses and Hugs.

Other things that I did this weekend:

On Friday my mom, Senja and I went to go see Atonement. Its a movie about a girl who breaks up a relationship with an accusation when she's 11 and doesn't realize how wrong she was until later, when she attempts to make up for it. It was really good. I didn't think I'd like it so much, but I did. It stars Kiera Knightly. And its one of those British nobility, country manor, dramatic period types. That are normally so dull. But this one had a great twist and halfway through they left the manor and it became a whole other kind of movie. Bravo. It was great. Oh, and bit of irony... Senja started farting during the movie, so I asked her if she had to go to the bathroom(which she did). My mom took her away and the story fast forwards to the future where a big reveal happens. My mom totally missed the end of the movie and there was a really great monologue about the meaning of the movie... too bad. I tried to explain it to her when she returned, I hope I did it justice.

Then on Saturday, I woke up early so I could do my RA reapplication. It took me the entire day and I was so annoyed. First off I finished completing the forms after just 2 hours. Then when I try to email it out the program crashes. Luckily I saved it right. WRONG. The form doesn't allow you to save it. That's so smart you retarded monkey, what were you thinking when you made this form. Your such an idiot. It doesn't let anyone save it and it has a built in emailer, which of course doesn't work. those things never work because they assume your using a desktop email app that's built into your OS. No one does that because they suck. Webmail is so much better. For one thing you can check your email at (GASP) any computer. Crazy, right? The only people who would logically use a desktop app for email are those who have an email account tethered to a specific computer(this reads professionals with desk jobs... i.e... not RAs) or people who live in the 1980's and only have one computer in their life(i.e. not college students). Either way the guy who made this app angers me. I played with it all day and in the end just had to email her a PDF version.

Luckily I was able to talk/see/be with my baby the whole time so I wasn't overly angry.

After that, my dad and I went to meet an old family friend named Don Moore. He has season tickets to the Portland Lumberjax with his daughter who turned out to be bipolar(whic is really sad, because now she's all medicated, unstable and I think suicidal at times if she does take her meds). So we went to the game to meet them. We bought the cheapo $5 tickets(what a steal) and half way through went down to find Don. It was a great game Portland rallied back the whole game, brought it to a tie at the end, but in the last 2 minutes lost by 2. Heart breaking. But, the cool thing was the music. They had heavy rock pounding the whole time. The atmosphere was crazy intense. You could feel the action pumping through your heart. And the Rose Quarters(our stadium) has a brand new killer sound system that doesn't even echo. I've never heard anything that good in a stadium. And they have like a 300 inch, wrap-around screen in HD to show the action up close. Its awesome. Oh yeah and the lumberjax are a lacrosse team. I've never seen lacrosse before and I really like it. Its so fast passed and that pounding music mixes in for an adrenalin rush. It was a good night.

Oh and baby.. this ones for you. If your reading this... guess what... there's a new Big Shots episode.


Plus I love you, so that's good too. Have fun, my love

No comments: