Jan 7, 2008

I'm still in Portland and the Story's not caught up

Where did I leave off, during my restart of firefox?

ahh yes, RA work. One last thing about RA work: while I work for them, I'm supposed to get a compensation package that includes room and board. But, because i'm not going to be an RA during the Spring, they had to drop me out of housing and move in the new guy. Then, I don't even know what the issue was, but, I wasn't given an intersession meal plan. Vicky, my sweet, was kind enough to sneak food out of the cafeteria for me each day. But the bad news, though, because it was intersession they rarely had anything to eat. One day they didn't even have enough supplies for her to make me a sandwich. She had to make it with lettuce and onions and ranch dressing and that's it. That was crazy. so everyday our breakfast came from the caf and we had to go out to eat fast food for dinner. That generally ended up being burger king or boston shawarma. We also moved all of my stuff out of my old room and into hers. That was quite the ordeal. A) getting all my stuff out was pretty easy and B) getting all my stuff into her room was not so easy. In my old room was the only existing loftable bed, that Speare Hall had. I stress had because it ain't there no more. We lugged it out and switched beds(vicks with mine). That was pretty tough, since RSO's not supposed to let anyone steal furniture. Well, with some smooth talking and reassuring them that all was good... we got through. And I am so glad that we did. If we hadn't changed to a raisable bed, my stuff would have never fit comfortably in her room. But, with the addition it fits into her room as if it weren't even there. Everything nestles under her bed, other than the fridge(in her closet) and my computer(on her desk). It looks beautiful. Then we also did some rearranging of her room. I'd say it looks better than it ever has. Yay!

After we were done being intersession RAs, and started RA training. This didn't mean to much. As a returner, she typically had to go to 1 hour of training each day. However, Friday and Saturday she had a few extra hours. In the end, the two weeks after I stopped co-op were great. I spent nearly every hour with my baby. We didn't go out as much as we hoped. But, I guess that just proves that we don't need to go do fancy things to enjoy each others' company. The simple things in life are great, while I'm with her. Whether its the simple triumphs of rearranging a room together into a more successful place or holding each other while we watch a good show. Those two weeks really just reassured me that I want to spend the rest of my life with her.

Anywho, I love you! So there... take it! Tehehe...

No comments: